Tekstilni inštitut Maribor je bil z odločbo Izvršnega sveta Ljudske skupščine LRS št. 653/2-53 ustanovljen 3. 8. 1953. Inštitut je imel naslednje naloge: znanstveno proučevanje tehnoloških, organizacijskih in ekonomskih problemov, pomembnih za razvoj tekstilne industrije,
standardizacija in izboljšave, uvajanje novih tehnoloških postopkov v tekstilno industrijo, dajanje strokovnih nasvetov tekstilnim podjetjem, izdelovanje novih projektov in preizkušanje materiala za tekstilno stroko.
Kasneje je delovanje Tekstilnega inštituta postalo multidisciplinarno, saj je posegalo na področja, ki s tekstilom niso bila povezana, vendar pa so predstavljala njegove razvojne možnosti (npr. tehnični tekstil, farmacevtski, kozmetični in kemični izdelki, strojegradnja ipd.). 27. 12. 2006 je Vlada RS na dopisni seji sprejela sklep, da se Tekstilni inštitut Maribor zaradi nelikvidnosti priključi k javnemu zavodu Inštitut informacijskih znanosti.
Vir: Pokrajinski arhiv Maribor
Textile schools and Textile Institute Maribor
After World War II, textile schools developed in Maribor. The first industrial textile school was established in 1947. During its first year, 109 students from all republics of the former Yugoslavia were enrolled in the school. For two years, the school operated in the scope of the Maribor Textile Factory until it became an independent educational institution in school year 1949/50.
The school was located on the Ulica kraljeviča Marka Street, where the Textile Institute later developed. The school was closed in school year 1951/52. In 1958, the Maribor Textile Factory and other textile factories established a new Industrial Textile School, which was renamed Technical Textile School in 1960. Later, the school was closed and the Technical Electro and Mechanical Engineering School Maribor received a textile section. In 1981, the Secondary Textile School was established, today known as the Secondary School for Design.
The Textile Institute Maribor was established with the decision of the Executive Council of the People’s Assembly of the People’s Republic of Slovenia in 1953. The institute had the following tasks: scientific study of technological, organisational and economic problems, important for the development of textile industry; standardisation and improvement, deployment of new technological procedures in the textile industry; professional counselling for textile companies; preparation of new projects and testing materials for the textile industry.
The Textile Institute soon became a multidisciplinary institution and operated in fields, that were not directly connected to textile, but represented developmental opportunities for the industry (e.g. technical textile, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical products, machine manufacture, etc.). On December 27th 2006, the government of the Republic of Slovenia decided to affiliate the Textile Institute Maribor to the Institute of Information Science due to illiquidity.
Source: Pokrajinski Arhiv Maribor
Industrijska pot Maribor
© 2012 David Šalamun